Now might actually be the best time to make the move to assisted living.
- Our Coronavirus Task Force has established an emergency plan designed to protect our residents. This team is trained to react quickly and effectively to a potential or confirmed COVID-19 affected person.
- Residents and associates are monitored daily for any signs or symptoms of illness.
- We follow CDC guidelines to minimize risk, and keep the virus contained should a positive case occur.
- Our team communicates regularly with the Department of Health (DOH), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and state governing bodies to share information and resources.
- Quick access to medical care. Our associates are in contact with residents throughout the day and night and are trained to assist with emergency medical care should the need arise.
- If a resident shows symptoms of COVID-19, he or she is immediately quarantined and tested. We then attend to the needs of that person in a dedicated area away from others.
- Personal protection equipment. Our communities have sufficient personal protection equipment (PPE) to meet the needs of residents and guests.
- 24/7 sanitation throughout the community. Disinfecting mist sprayers allow us to disinfect more surfaces more often. We use ultraviolet light sanitation systems to disinfect cell phones, walkie-talkies etc.
- We minimize chances of exposure. All meals are prepared for residents, saving unnecessary trips to the grocery store. We monitor visitation, minimizing exposure to COVID-19. Doctors are able to visit virtually and telemedicine is utilized to reduce the need for in-person doctor’s office visits, thereby minimizing the level of exposure.