COVID-19 Community Operations and Visitation
Policy Date: January 4, 2022
Modified: May 4, 2022
It is the intent of Validus Senior Living and Inspired Living to protect the safety, health, and wellbeing of both our Residents, Associates, and guests. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, outlined below are our community operating procedures. The Community Support Center (CSC) COVID-19 Response Team will continue to partner with community leaders, local health departments, and the guidance of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure our operating procedures align with the latest recommendations.
- Associates, Residents, and Guests will be screened upon entry to the community. This screening will include a COVID-19 questionnaire and temperature check All Inspired Living Associates and Guests must utilize a mask and practice hand hygiene while in the community. Infection prevention education will be available to all Associates, Residents and Guests.
CDC – How to Protect Yourself and Others
CDC – Mask How To
- In the event of a positive COVID-19 test result of an associate or resident, communication from the Executive Director, or designee, will occur to residents and families, the CSC Covid Response Team (via COVID@validusseniorliving.com), and local health department within 24 hours.
a. For associates, guidance will be given on return-to-work date as recommended by the latest CDC Guidelines.
b. Residents who experience positive tests will self-isolate/quarantine as directed by the latest guidance from the CDC.
i. During positive residents’ quarantine, meals will be served to residents in their apartment to prevent further spread through communal dining.
ii. Associates caring for infected residents will utilize PPE to include mask, protective eyewear, gown, and gloves.
iii. During community outbreaks, the Executive Director, or designee, with obtain further guidance by the CSC Covid Response Team on mass testing, cessation of events/outings, and other operational changes.
- In accordance with Resident Rights, visitation will not be restricted in the community. However, all associates, residents, and guests will be notified upon arrival to the community if community has a positive case.
- In addition to current community cleaning and disinfecting:
a. Community common areas will be disinfected once per week with the use of the Fogger and designated cleaning solution.
- Residents leaving the community should wear a face mask if tolerated by the resident’s condition.
a. All residents must be screened upon return to the community.
STATE SPECIFIC CONSIDERATIONS:
1. State Executive Orders will be followed and supersede any of the above operating procedures.
Executive Director, or designee will send any new Executive Orders to CSC Covid Response Team as the occur so guidance can be given in compliance with Executive Order.