Communicable Disease Community Operations and Visitation
Policy Date: January 4, 2022
Modified: February 21, 2023
It is the intent of Validus Senior Living and Inspired Living to protect the safety, health, and wellbeing of both our Residents, Associates, and guests. As communicable disease outbreaks occur and the COVID-19 pandemic continues, outlined below are our communicable disease community operating procedures. The Community Support Center (CSC) Communicable Disease/COVID-19 Response Team will continue to partner with community leaders, local health departments, and the guidance of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure our operating procedures align with the latest recommendations. The Executive Director maintains the responsibility of ensuring adherence to this policy.
- All associates, residents, and guests should report any communicable disease symptoms (including COVID- 19) to concierge/community leadership. Infection prevention education will be available to all Associates, Residents and Guests. Masks will be provided for use, upon request, to associates, residents, and guests who elect to wear one due to personal preference.
CDC – How to Protect Yourself and Others
CDC – Mask How To
- In the event of a positive communicable disease (including COVID-19) test result of an associate or resident, communication from the Executive Director or designee, will occur to residents and families, the CSC Communicable Disease/COVID-19 Response Team (via COVID@validusseniorliving.com), and local health department within 24 hours.
a. For associates, guidance will be given on return-to-work date as recommended by the latest CDC Guidelines.
b. Residents who experience positive tests will self-isolate/quarantine as directed by the latest guidance from the CDC.
i. Associates caring for infected residents will utilize PPE in accordance with Department of Health and CDC recommendations/guidelines.
c. During community outbreaks, the Executive Director or designee, will obtain further guidance by the CSC Communicable Disease/COVID-19 Response Team on mass testing, cessation of events/outings, and other operational changes.
- In accordance with Resident Rights, visitation will not be restricted in the community. No restriction is inclusive of no restrictions on consensual contact between a resident, client or patient and the visitor. No restriction includes no restrictions on number of visitors and length of visits. To include all other components in the Florida No Patient Left Alone Act. However, all associates, residents, and guests will be notified upon arrival to the community if community has a positive case.
- At no time, shall community compel a visitor to provide proof of vaccination status.
STATE SPECIFIC CONSIDERATIONS:
- State Executive Orders will be followed and supersede any of the above operating procedures. Executive Director or designee will send any new Executive Orders to the CSC Communicable Disease/Covid Response Team as they occur so guidance can be given in compliance with Executive Order.