Are you struggling with making the decision to move a loved one into assisted living during the pandemic? While waiting for the virus to be eradicated may seem like the best option, it is important to consider that this virus will be around for an extended period of time. If someone needs additional care now, waiting may not be best. At Inspired Living, we provide a home with safety measures that protect loved ones during these uncertain times.
In early 2020, we quickly established community protocols designed to keep residents and associates as safe as possible. We also provide levels of care that are usually not found in a private home setting. Your loved ones benefit from healthy prepared meals, daily wellness checks, and socialization activities that can boost physical and mental health. Now might actually be the best time to make the move to assisted living.
As you consider your next steps, we want to highlight the safety protocols and additional care provided to moms and dads who are residents of our communities:
- Our Coronavirus Task Force has established an emergency plan designed to protect our residents. This team is trained to react quickly and effectively to a potential or confirmed COVID-19 affected person.
- Residents and associates are monitored daily for any signs or symptoms of illness.
- We follow CDC guidelines to minimize risk, and keep the virus contained should a positive case occur.
- Our team communicates regularly with the Department of Health (DOH), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and state governing bodies to share information and resources.
- Quick access to medical care. Our associates are in contact with residents throughout the day and night and are trained to assist with emergency medical care should the need arise.
- If a resident shows symptoms of COVID-19, he or she is immediately quarantined and tested. We then attend to the needs of that person in a dedicated area away from others.
- Personal protection equipment. Our communities have sufficient personal protection equipment (PPE) to meet the needs of residents and guests.
- 24/7 sanitation throughout the community. Disinfecting mist sprayers allow us to disinfect more surfaces more often. We use ultraviolet light sanitation systems to disinfect cell phones, walkie-talkies etc.
- We minimize chances of exposure. All meals are prepared for residents, saving unnecessary trips to the grocery store. We monitor visitation, minimizing exposure to COVID-19. Doctors are able to visit virtually and telemedicine is utilized to reduce the need for in-person doctor’s office visits, thereby minimizing the level of exposure.
Looking for an assisted living or memory care community nearby? Click Here to view our communities!